Costein Near Miss Reporting
The brief was to design and develop a local system that would encourage “Near Miss Reporting” on-site at the London Bridge redevelopment for Costain through Hard Hat Media. The kiosk allowed the workforce on-site to fill in Near Miss Reports through an interactive on-screen eForm or survey. This allowed Costain to review complete eForms via their management console and greatly increase the number of Near Miss reports submitted.
I designed the software infrastructure and undertook software development for:
- Kiosk lockdown function, installation and software configuration,
- Configuration of local web site hosting platform using Apache and PHP,
- Web site development for the eForm or survey,
- Integration with Costain’s management console backend.
- Kiosk environment preparation and development,
- Apache and PHP platform set up on a local PC,
- Imaging of the hard drive for future duplication,
- Adobe Photoshop for image preparation.